Welcome to the Bee Cause online action guide. Here you should find everything you need to know about our furry little friends and how to protect them.
You’ve joined hundreds and thousands of people across the country who want to help save our precious bees. Here at Friends of the Earth, we started campaigning to reverse the decline of British bee species in 2012. And since there have been some great wins:
- You’ve persuaded governments across the UK and Ireland to back national Bee Action Plans, which will also help other pollinators such as hoverflies and moths
- You’ve helped people learn about bees, as well as helping the experts learn more as part of the largest citizen science bee project
- Over 500 communities across the nation have created ‘Bee Worlds’ - habitats for bees and pollinators in local communities.
But there is still a long way to go and our bees are facing many threats.
In this guide:
In this guide you’ll learn all about the threats facing our bees from bee-harming pesticides, climate change and habitat loss.
But we’ll also give you all the information and resources you need to help stop bee decline such as:
- Calling for a permanent ban on neonicotinoid pesticides
- Meeting your MP
- Planting and maintaining a bee-friendly area
- Spreading the word and raising awareness in your local area
- Attending events and dressing up as one of our giant bees
This pack is designed for people new to the campaign, as well as those who have been campaigning on it for years. Whether you’ve got a lot of time to help, or just a few minutes, we have plenty of ways that you can get involved and make a difference. We wouldn’t have got this far in the campaign without every single one of our supporters.
Thank you for joining the campaign to end bee decline and for all your hard work you've done so far. We couldn't have done any of this without you. Together we can really make a difference and save not only bees, but all of our precious pollinators.
If you have any comments or suggestions on this guide, pleases contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rosie and the Bee Cause Team